Equity Councils will help inform districts’ and charter schools’ actions in response to the Martinez and Yazzie consolidated lawsuit. We are embracing a great opportunity to work toward serving NM students by building an equitable, excellent, and relevant educational system that draws upon the experiences and strengths of our communities. We are excited to engage families and stakeholders across the state in the first phase of this process: establishing district-and charter-level Superintendent’s/Executive Director’s equity councils.
Please find the guidelines in the memo linked below.
If you are interested in serving, please contact Mr. Peckens (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In your application, please include the following:
- your name
- the student group you would represent on the Council (Economically Disadvantaged, Native American, English Learners, Students with Disabilities)
- a statement of interest
- preferred service term length (3 or 4 years)
- Rubric for Application Scoring:
- Each item is worth 1 point.
- If blank, the applicant would not earn the point.
- If the term or particular group seat on the council is not available, the applicant would not earn the point.
- The total possible score is 4 points.
Equity Council Members
- Jennifer Vargas
- Jenn Bitsie
- Jennifer Cruz
- Kristin Healy
- Jeremy Peckens