6/6/17 GC Agenda

PUBLIC WELCOME

Call Meeting to Order

Roll Call

Approval of Minutes*

Open Forum-

I. APPROVAL OF OPEN MEETINGS ACT RESOLUTION*

II. APPROVAL OF PARENT/STUDENT HAND BOOK*

NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY*

III. APPROVAL OF EMPLOYEE POLICY HANDBOOK*

NONDISCRININATION POLICY*

LABOR RELATIONS POLICY*

VI. FINANCE

APPROVAL OF CASH DISBURSEMENTS FOR APRIL AND MAY*

APPROVAL OF INCREASE BAR*

APPROVAL OF TITLE II APPLICATION*

VI. REPORT ON BUILDING

VII. PRINCIPAL’S REPORT (PRINCIPAL’S EVALUATION)

CLOSED SESSION*

VII. APPROVAL OF PRINCIPAL’S CONTRACT*

Next Meeting: July 11, 2017

Adjourn Open Meeting

(*) Action Item

4/19/17 GC Meeting Minutes

Members Present: Virginia Trujillo, President

Lori Hagen, Secretary

Phillip Sapien, Member

Art Silva, Member

Members Absent: Chris Velasquez, Vice President

Camille Cordova, Member

Guests: Mary Tarango, Principal

Rita Hirschy, COO

Jim Richardson

Governance Council Called to Order at 5:36 p.m. by Virginia Trujillo

Roll Call

 Quorum met.

Approval of Previous Governance Council (GC) Meeting Minutes

 Motion to approve minutes March 7, 2017 – Lori Hagen

2 nd . – Phillip Sapien

Motion Approved

 Motion to approve special meeting minutes of Special Meeting with the corrected

date of March 31, 2017 – Phillip Sapien

2 nd – Art Silva

Motion Approved

Adjustment to Agenda

 Motion to move approval of Cash Disbursements for March to the next meeting –

Phillip Sapien

2 nd – Lori Hagen

Finance Report – Email from Chris Velasquez, Vice President and Finance Chair was

submitted by COO Rita Hirschy for the minutes requesting approval of documents

presented for submission to APS and on to PED for SY 17/18

Rita Hirschy reviewed the approval process for the documents presented. The Salary

Schedule is the same as last year and she also explained the color coding on the calendar.

We mirror the APS calendar as much as possible for parent convenience. Traditional

start date, the day after Labor Day.

 Motion to approve Salary Schedule 2017/2018 – Phillip Sapien

 2 nd – Lori Hagen

Motion Approved

 Motion to approve SY 17/18 School Calendar – Phillip Sapien

 2 nd – Art Silva

Motion Approved

Rita Hirschy presented a walk-through of the documents for the SY 17/18 Budget. The

910B5 identified our SEG allocation however we have not received a final form, we are

hoping to receive by Friday however we still need to get the approved budget to APS no

later than April 26 th . There was further explanation of the amounts in each segment of the

budget which includes an increase in benefits and also utilities in anticipation of the new,

larger building. The budget is very tight but we did not lose any personnel.

 Motion to Approve SY 17/18 Operational Budget – Art Silva

 2 nd – Lori Hagen

The required form for signatures was passed around and will accompany the budget.

Rita Hirschy presented the decrease Bar per PED mandate in the amount of $37,033.52 as

part of the capturing of cash carryover from SY 16/17.

 Motion to approve – Lori Hagen

 2 nd – Phillip Sapien

Rita Hirschy also presented the end of year process to pay vendors, payroll and finalizing

transfer and maintenance bars to close out the budget in June. Will be presented as an

action item in the next agenda.

Update of letter to APS/MOU– Rita Hirschy will be meeting with Scott Elder, APS

COO and their legal counsel along with our legal counsel, Mr. Fuentes to finalize

common language on the MOU from the 2010 Bond Mill Levy Election.

Building Committee Report – Lease Purchase Agreement is being finalized with our

legal counsel, Mr. Fuentes and the legal counsel for Meld Inc. and we should have a draft

sometime next week.

Principal’s Report – Principal Tarango presented pre-registration numbers at 293 for SY

17/18, the Quality of Ed Survey return rate was 86%, There were not Opt Out requests

this year and that we are required to complete a 4 th English Language Arts Field Survey

session for PARCC. There are 2 more testing sessions before the end of the year, MAP’s

and EOC’s. The Foundation Golf Tournament is Monday, April 24 th . The last item was

to place the 8 th grade Celebration on their calendars for Thursday, May 25 th from 6-8 pm

at UNM Continuing Education Building.

Old Business – Conflict of interest form will be approved and signed at next board

meeting.

Next Meeting

 Thursday, May 4, 2017

Motion to adjourn – Art Silva – Phillip Sapien requested that documents be sent to the

board members a little earlier so that they can have more time to review. Rita Hirschy

explained the requirements for posting and notification.

 2 nd . – Phillip Sapien

 Motion approved

Meeting adjourned at 7:23 p.m.

5/4 GC Agenda

Call Meeting to Order

Roll Call

Approval of Minutes*

Open Forum-

I. APPROVAL OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST*

II. APPROVAL OF MOU FOR SIGNATURE*

III. APPROVAL OF LEASE REIMBURSEMENT APPLICATION*

VI. FINANCIAL REVIEW

APPROVAL OF CASH DISBURSEMENTS FOR MARCH*

APPROVAL OF QUARTERLY FINANCIAL REPORTS*

APPROVAL FOR END OF YEAR CLOSING AND CLEANUP BARS *

APPROVAL OF INCREASE BAR*

APPROVAL OF FINAL 910B-5 FROM PED*

V. APPROVAL OF LEASE PURCHASE AGREEMENT*

VI. REPORT ON BUILDING

VII. PRINCIPAL’S REPORT

Next Meeting: June 6, 2017

Adjourn Open Meeting

(*) Action Item

4/19/17 GC Agenda

Call Meeting to Order

Roll Call

Approval of Minutes*

Open Forum-

I. APPROVAL OF SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR 2017-2018*

II. APPROVAL OF SALARY SCHEDULE FOR 2017-2018

III. APPROVAL OF OPERATING BUDGET FOR 2017-2018*

VI. FINANCIAL REVIEW

APPROVAL OF CASH DISBURSEMENTS FOR MARCH*

APPROVAL OF DECREASE BAR*

REVIEW OF END OF YEAR PROCESS

VI. REPORT ON BUILDING

MOU STATUS

VII. PRINCIPAL’S REPORT

Next Meeting: May 9, 2017

Adjourn Open Meeting

(*) Action Item