2/11/19 PTA Minutes

Meeting called to order by Janet Giron at 5:59 pm on Monday, February 11, 2019
Attendance: Jennifer Withrow, Todd Withrow, Janet Giron, Sharon Hart, Mary Tarango, Bianca
Belmonte-Sapien, Crystal Salas, Juliann Salinas,
Rebecca from Kenneth Brown Photography presented her company to us for consideration since
Moji photography will be going out of business at the end of the year.
Emily Blea from the Sandia Rotary Club gave a presentation on “Don’t meth with us” as a
possible presentation for our students.
Minutes from the January Meeting were reviewed. Crystal Salas motioned to approve and
seconded by Jennifer Withrow. Minutes were approved with corrections.
Social Committee-
Parents night out will be held on Wednesday, February 13 from 5:30-8:30. Juliann, Mrs.
Tarango, and Jennifer Withrow have volunteered run this event. If we do not have 20
participants we will cancel the event.
Spring fling will be held Friday May 10 and will be a sock hop theme.
Mr. Campbell requested $150.00 for food for Math night March 7, 4pm-6pm
A request was made for a $60.00 budget for supplies for Wax Museum night on March 20, 5-
Motion was made to:
Allow a budget of $150.00 for food for Math Night by Jennifer Withrow and seconded by
Juliann Salinas. Motion passed
Motion was made to:
Allow a budget of $60.00 for expenses for Wax Museum night by Jennifer Withrow and
seconded by Crystal Salas. Motion passed.
Chello Grill will host a fundraiser for the PTA on February 14 and 15, 2019. Teachers will hand
out flyers during conferences and Mrs. Morga will send out an e-mail. We will earn 50% of all
sales with flyers taken in.
Student Council will also be having a fundraiser at BJ’s on Tuesday, February 19.

Principal Report-
We Discussed about the “Don’t meth with us” presentation and felt that the presentation should
be shared with parents before a decision is made to show the students. Mrs. Belmonte-Sapien
will put together a list of programs for next year and have parents vote what they would like their
children to see.
The building is planned to be finished by April. We were able to get the basketball hoops from
Budget will be set at the April Governance Council meeting. We received $171,000 extra for
our budget based on enrolment. We have also requested extra money from the state.
We are not sure what how grading by the state will be this year for schools since PARCC will
not be given.
We are trying to have the band play in the rotunda in Santa Fe. 6 th Grade will be going on an OSI
to talk about the pollinator meeting.
Vice Principal/Title 1 Report-
Family engagement brochures were created by two students Carley and Amber. Once
corrections are made, they will be copied and put in the front of the school. They did a great job
and impressed the people at the Title 1 office that our students made them.
Mrs. B presented our schools testing data for each department. The presentation is attached. If
parents have any questions, they can contact Mrs. Belmonte-Sapien.
Treasure Report-
We have 2 new members from last month, 34 members total.

Beginning Balance: $10,031.73
Income: $1,986.87
Which includes dues, non-fundraiser fundraiser, and Scrip income
Expenses: $3,293.89
Which include: Hospitality (Open house, Geo Bee, Science Night), food for meeting,
student Store, and Teacher appreciation
Ending Balance: $8,724.71

Motion was made to:

Change our bank from US Bank to Nusenda Credit Union by Sharon Hart and seconded by
Juliann Salinas. Motion passed
Signers will remain the same: Sharon Hart, Crystal Salas, and Juliann Salinas

New Business
We need to figure out a way to market the PTA
Juliann will put together an email to ask for volunteers for board positions on PTA.
At Open house, we need to have signup sheets for parents to sign up.
We need to let parents know that there is so much info that they can get at a meeting.
Box Tops are due soon.

Meeting was adjourned at 7:57pm. It was moved to close the meeting by Juliann Salinas and 2 nd
by Bianca Belmonte-Sapien. Next Meeting will be Monday, March 25, 2019 at 5:45