11/9/23 SAC Minutes

5:30pm to 6:47pm via Zoom
In Attendance
Lora Sedore- Chair
Jeremy Peckens
Vicente Vargas
Helen Dundas
Jennifer Aragon
Misha Goodman

Welcome to Jennifer and Misha to the SAC we look forward to working with them on the committee.

School Update
The Fall Festival was a success and enjoyed by both students and adults
The Picture retakes are scheduled
A relocation drill will occur on December. Students will be picked up at the end of the
day at a different location. More information will be sent out to parents in the next few

SAC recruitment updates
We will continue work on recruitment for the SAC.
Jeremy reached out to the elementary teachers for possible members.
Lora will provide a short talking points sheet for distribution at both PTA meetings,
teacher’s meetings, and school events.
Jennifer will reach out at the PTA meetings to members.
We will try to focus on elementary parents
We (SAC) will have an in person meeting in the near future to foster creativity and unity.

Dragon community questionnaire
At the last meeting the committee decided to go forward with a questionnaire to the Dragon
community. This questionnaire seeks to identify issues and celebrate achievements of our
school. A copy of the questionnaire can be found at the end of this document.
The questionnaire for parents/staff that will be created through Google Forms and is open
ended to try to capture parent/staff opinions. Jeremey will present the approved draft to the
CG Meeting for their approval and posting.

We will use the school’s communication system to text and email to reach out to our Dragon
family. Additionally, the questionnaire will be posted on our website. Jeremy will create a QR
code to access the questionnaire. This QR code will be posted on all forms of distribution and
additionally, a QR code will be posted at the entrance to the school.
The questionnaire will be posted as soon as it is approved and will be closed in January before
the next SAC meeting.

Open Forum
The following ideas were discussed during the open forum, we will present these ideas to the
administration for input before the next meeting.
Movie night
Christmas shopping opportunity
Date night for parents
Parents and kids/focus on elementary school
Older students being paid to babysitting
Older kids mentoring 1st graders- currently they escort them to the playground- reading
Community service

Job mentorship for teachers and school employees
OSI for 8th graders to high school- to help prepare 8 th grade students for high school
Career day in school- more information on requirements are listed on the website

Childcare funding by the school for families in need
Potential funding sources
School budget
Big Brothers
Children’s choice
List of resources for parents

To do list
Jeremy- present questionnaire to administration and GC for approval
Create google form

Lora- create talking points list for SAC member recruitment
Next meeting will be Thursday January 11 at 5:45.

The meeting was adjourned at 6:47.